About the Assistant Video Editor position...
We are looking for passionate, efficient, and technically driven assistant editors to collaborate with as we create innovative and engaging digital film content. You will work side by side with our creative and post-production team to ultimately serve the writer/director’s vision, meet the client's needs, and keep the post workflow running as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
As an assistant editor, you may be working on all aspects of the edit, as well as some basic VFX. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented individual who is experienced in managing more than one concurrent project in a high-speed, high-performance environment. They are a force of calm and good judgment, an adaptable person who revels in change. This job is on a contract basis, so flexibility with shift hours may be required.
Requirements / Experience Needed:
Years Experience Needed: 1-5 years
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Proficiency with file exchange formats: EDLs, OMFs, AAFs, XMLs, etc.
- Familiarity with basic codecs: ProRes, H.264, MP4, MXF, DNxHD
- Familiarity with Proxy workflow (Online / Offline)
- DaVinci Resolve experience is preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree in filmmaking studies or related field is a plus
- Detailed oriented. Thoroughly check all work for errors before content is distributed downstream
- Attention to detail, demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and consistency
- Self-starter with an ability to work autonomously and pick up new software/ tools quickly
- Problem solver, with the ability to diagnose problems and find solutions quickly.
- Excellent organization and time management; able to prioritize work effectively and efficiently with tight deadline
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Experience working with a team is preferred but not required
- Ingesting Footage:
- Organize footage into scene stringouts for editing team.
- Batch Sync footage using multicam feature in Premiere
- Create / attach proxies using AME and Edit Ready.
- Selects / Assemblies:
- Create selects of footage for editors
- Create rough assemblies of scenes
- VFX / GFX
- Create lower thirds and other small graphics for editor
- VFX cleanups and paint out unwanted elements in shots.
- Online / Finishing:
- Conform projects for color & mix
- Prep Notched Quicktime / XML / Ref Pics for color.
- Prep AAFs / OMFs for mix in ProTools and other DAWs