In addition to our Full-Time team at Evolve Studio we regularly work with core freelancers on a part-time or permalancer basis. We are always on the on the look out for core collaborators in specialized disciplines.
About the Director of Photography position...
We are looking for a competent Director of Photography to work hand in hand with our production team to constantly raise the bar in innovative, cinema-quality filmmaking. You’ll be an integral part of our mission to bring compelling stories and striking visuals to every film we create.
Our DP's have a strong creative point of view, technical proficiency, and a team minded approach. They are humble leaders who can clearly communicate their vision while fostering a collaborative environment with our clients and the broader team.
Director of Photography responsibilities are:
- Technical proficiency with high end cinema cameras, stabilization systems, and lenses. Thorough understanding of lighting techniques, light colour, shade and manipulation.
- Customer Service: Communicate a creative vision clearly and humbly with a team minded big picture sensitivity. .
- Leadership: Effectively leading camera and lighting teams of various sizes.
- Quality Assurance: Detail oriented, thoughtful and adaptable in your approach.
- Contribute to a passionate and dynamic team of storytellers
Director of Photography requirements are:
- 2-3 years experience as a DP. Expert knowledge of camera systems (ARRI, RED, etc) and lighting techniques. Experience leading crews of various sizes (please specify in application)
- Works gracefully under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Strong leader who empowers their team.
- Attention to detail, demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
- Self-starter with an ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent organization and time management; able to prioritize work effectively and efficiently with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor's degree in filmmaking studies or related field is a plus
- SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE:
Camera Systems: ARRI, RED, SONY, PANAVISION